How to Monitor and Mitigate Insider Threats
The safety and security of an organization’s internal network is as important as safeguarding the external from attacks. Employees, contractors and suppliers have access to sensitive data, IP, customer data and more. Organizations need to secure the data from malicious intent, but also compromised users and simply negligence. Insider threats are one of the most difficult to detect and prevent. There are a number of challenges to effectively monitoring for insider threats without hampering employee productivity.
- Difficulty identifying abnormal activity and resource usage.
- Detection is slower than it needs to be.
- Lack of context to ascertain intent.
- Growth of remote employees with open perimeter devices.
- Employee improper handling and safeguarding of PII data.
The rise in insider threats has increased focus on the need to address these challenges with more dynamic insider threat monitoring processes.
ActivTrak — Visibility and Analysis of User Behavior and Intent
ActivTrak offers not just user behavior analytics, but also insights and context so you can understand employee behavior and intent behind their activities.
- Analyze user activity and behavior to discover anomalies.
- View data with context to get the real picture of intent.
- Uncover compliance and security gaps from offsite access.
- Identify patterns of mishandling PII data and make adjustments.
- Use data insights to quickly detect and review high risk activities.