How to Use Workforce Analytics to Optimize Productivity
Workforce Analytics has its traditional roots in measuring employee data for workforce planning, talent management, performance and engagement. Today, Workforce Analytics can extend much further to provide organizations with key user behavior insights — what does workforce productivity and engagement look like, how can we improve it, and where do we have inefficient workflows or processes to optimize? These insights pose opportunities and challenges as organizations try to use the data to ultimately achieve better outcomes for both employer and employees.
Workforce Analytics can help solve the following challenges:
- Identifying gaps in workforce productivity
- Resolving Inefficient business processes
- Boosting collaboration across remote employees &/or teams
- Improving visibility to factors driving employee turnover
ActivTrak – Visibility and Analysis of Workforce Productivity
ActivTrak collects user activity data and insights in context so you can analyze workforce behaviors and take action on the findings to enhance productivity, business processes and the overall employee experience.
- Measure and improve productivity of individuals and teams
- Use analytics to drive engagement and reduce employee turnover
- Use workforce data collected from user monitoring to improve processes
- Integrate data analytics with external sources to analyze trends across a broad data set
- Manage and optimize software tool usage and spend
- Understand collaboration activities across in-office and remote teams