The information held within your account is valuable to some. You should protect access to your account and the information within it. ActivTrak has taken every precaution possible to ensure your account, and the information it holds remains safe. We’ve used the following industry standard best practices to ensure your account is secure:
- Password Protected Accounts
- HTTPS Encryption
- Encryption in Transit
- Remote, Secure Storage Database
- Backup Database
- Nightly Database Updates
ActivTrak does not view, or have access to any information collected by your account.
Our policy is to take a ‘least-privilege’ approach, meaning we can only access a limited view (password reset, storage count, alarm settings) of your account ONLY to respond to support requests.
All account information is encrypted in transit, and stored in a secure data center managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
ActivTrak is HIPAA Compliant.
All ActivTrak data is stored in a secure data warehouse managed and secured by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Click here to view AWS HIPAA standards.
Furthermore, from a policy stand point, ActivTrak follows all best practices and takes a ‘least-privilege’ approach regarding access of any kind.
ActivTrak never stores credit card details associated with your account.
All credit card information is collected and processed by a third-party, PCI compliant payment processor. Your card information is passed through us directly to them, meaning your card information never hits our servers.
Recurly is a PCI compliant service used for subscription billing management.
Stripe is a PCI certified service used for web payment processing.
Paypal is a worldwide online payment solution that allows individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically.
Amazon Web Services (AWS):
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform used to host, store and deliver content.
We do not have access to any password information. All passwords are encrypted in transit, and stored in a secure data center managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
To ensure complete security, we recommend that you:
- Use a complex password and update it regularly.
- Use different log-in credentials on activtrak.com than you use on other websites.
- Check your account frequently.
- Promptly report any suspicious activity.
In order to keep your password safe between updates, we recommend the following:
- Leave your password sitting on your desk or an open computer
- Share your password with anyone that doesn’t absolutely need it
- Ask an unauthorized user to update your password
- Log out of your ActivTrak account
- Use personal keywords only you would know in your password.
Here’s how to update your password:
- Log in at App.ActivTrak.com
- Within the “Settings” tab, select “Access”
- Click “change password” next to Account ID.
We recommend creating a password with eight or more characters that combine letters, numbers and symbols.