How to Ensure Data Privacy and Compliance
Organizations collect more data than ever before which comes with the necessary responsibility of how this information is stored, shared, protected and used. If private data is unethically misused or carelessly protected, it brings a whole host of concerns to an organization including bad press, fines and damage to their reputation and brand.
Data privacy and compliance reporting have become a critical part of managing a business. Today organizations must ensure that private data collected - including company data, customer data and employee data – meets the stringent data compliance regulations outlined by GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, POPI, LGPD, COPPA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX and more. There are a number of challenges to balancing data privacy and compliance reporting without sacrificing employee productivity including:
- Managing legal issues and differing regulations across geographies.
- Ensuring data collected adheres to security and compliance policies.
- Identifying employee improper handling and safeguarding of data.
- Protecting employee data privacy to ensure it is not violated.
- Mitigating breach potential from outsourced &/or remote employees.
Tools to automate workflows and manage and monitor data flow through a user activity log all have key roles to play in managing data privacy, compliance reporting and risk.
ActivTrak – Visibility into User Activity to Ensure Data Privacy & Compliance
ActivTrak offers detailed contextual user activity logging that documents the handling of sensitive customer data. This cloud-based application, allows you to quickly gain immediate visibility into user activities via a user activity log to ensure you stay within compliance. If a breach occurs, find out where, when, and by whom to quickly address the gap.
- Identify patterns of mishandling PII data and make adjustments.
- Use data insights to quickly detect and review high risk activities.
- Uncover compliance and security gaps from offsite access.
- Remove wasteful practices and distracting environments.
- Ensure employee privacy with data collected.
- Analyze user activity and behavior to discover anomalies.