ActivTrak is a free cloud-based monitoring service. By tracking web and application usage, it answers the question “Who’s doing what and for how long.”
How do I Get Started with ActivTrak?
- If you haven’t already done so, Create your free account. It only takes your email address and a few seconds to create your account.
- Download an Agent from your Dashboard. Every copy is unique and will only report data to your account.
- Install the Agent on a target workstation you’d like to monitor. Installation is silent and doesn’t show any confirmation messages to the user.
- Two to three minutes after you install your first agent, data will start appearing on your Dashboard and you’ll start seeing your reports populate. Your dashboard is a great place to start looking around and analyzing your data.
- Simple yet powerful reports on websites, apps and productivity help you analyze the activities of an entire company or a single employee.
- The screenshots tab contains screen images from monitored workstations. The rules for taking snapshots can be defined in the Alarms tab.
- Try creating your first alarm (or activating preset alarms). Alarms are powerful tools that can accelerate your goal of boosting productivity across your organization. You can set alarms to notify you of application use events on remote workstations. Notifications can be delivered in any combination of the following forms: Screenshots, Popup messages, Email or Termination of the user application.
- Now let’s block some websites and start categorizing usage data reported to your account.
- ActivTrak has a wide range of configurable options. Most of them are preset by default for optimal performance. You can stop monitoring at any time. To uninstall the Agent from your PC, right-click on the downloaded file and select uninstall.